It was Jonathan Fields that coined the term “Don’t just build a business, Build a life…”
As a mom of three kids I understand, now more than ever perhaps, the absolute necessity of earning an income. But I also believe as we live each day it’s absolutely crucial to work toward not just building a career or a business but building a Life…
While Seth writes and speaks about living your truth, bringing your gifts and talents to the marketplace, he’s also the first tell you to not quit your job… because it pays the bills. Instead of quitting your job to free up “more time” for your business ventures he advises that you rather be super vigilant about your time.
When I was studying Social Media Marketing one classmate spoke about how she didn’t have the time to do all the work we were being given- “Oh show me your schedule and I bet you I can free up at least five hours in your week!” Our mentor answered.
When you make the decision to pursue your dreams understand that Time is your most precious resource.
Here are a few things that are helping me:
1. Write down the Dream- in absolute detail
2. Draw up an action plan to make that Dream come true complete with timelines (provide actual dates)
3. Break your action plan into bite sizes giving yourself GO LIVE times i.e. the time which a plan should be executed by
4. Have a to-do list every single day and work toward achieving the to-do’s on your list.
5. Cut out busy activities that drain your productivity and waste precious time
Your job right now may be a means to an end- a much needed avenue to pay the bills- that’s fine, wise even. But please don’t shelve your dream.
Your business… at the moment you might be living from one sale to another and doing just what you can to stay afloat- I get that- boy! do I get that… but please don’t shelve the dream. Don’t abandon the real reason you started this venture in the first place.
Don’t just build a business… build a life.
I send you Love,