– gluten free spaghetti
– 1 large onion
– 2 fresh tomatoes (grated)
– 5 cloves of fresh garlic (crushed)
– 1 can of whole Italian Peeled Tomatoes (finely chopped or pureed)
– Olive oil
– a sprinkle of dry oregano
– Salt and pepper for seasoning
– Optional: 1 small sprig of freshly chopped rosemary (very finely chopped)
pre-cook your spaghetti ( for best results follow instructions on the bag)
Add grated tomato, crushed garlic and dry oregano (stir for 1 minute ensuring mixture doesn’t stick to the pan)
– If you’re adding fresh rosemary, now’s a good time to add it).
Turn down the heat and add the pureed can of Italian Tomatoes
Season and let mixture simmer for 10 minutes to further develop flavour.
When ready take off the heat and add pre-cooked spaghetti
(For extra flavour add fresh chopped basil or fresh coriander to each serving)
This meal costs less than R60 and comfortably feeds six people.
P.S. This dish might sound simple but it’s PACKED with immune boosters AND it’s super tasty- happy eating 🙂